Trusted in the most demanding environments in the world … and out of this world.
Dorsett Technologies has been a trusted provider of intelligent SCADA hardware and software by NASA since 1984. InfoScan is in use at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama to control critical environmental conditions in research laboratories and test environments.
InfoScan is used by Marshall’s utility control system (UCS) which is one of the largest and most fully integrated systems within NASA. The UCS collects and archives temperatures and other critical data in almost every building at thousands of different points. The massive amount of archived InfoScan data allows NASA to review conditions in manufacturing facilities that produced key components for many space assets, including the Shuttle Challenger after its loss.
Marshall’s system is multi-faceted in scope and responsibility. Nearly every facility including the complex’s massive central energy plant is monitored and controlled by InfoScan. Marshall also serves as a beta test site for new InfoScan software and hardware.
- Buildings = 140
- I/O Points = 22,200+
- Intelligent Controllers = 3,200
- Remote Units = 2,225
- Centralize chilled water plant and CHW storage tank
- Master site-wide equipment scheduling
- HVAC systems setpoint reset
- Comprehensive BTU monitoring for mechanical systems to calculate building efficiencies
- Electrical metering, archiving and analysis
- Historical data collection and archiving