Helping the Army save millions in energy costs.
Fort Gordon is home to the US Army’s Signal Center and School and has been a customer of Dorsett Technologies since 1986. InfoScan is utilized post-wide for Utility Monitoring and Control System (UMCS) and has saved millions of dollars in utility costs for the government. In addition, the system is a valuable tool in the Army’s effort to provide successful mission support for the more than 225 buildings and facilities under InfoScan’s control. Fort Gordon also contracts with Dorsett Technologies to provide on-site, full-time personnel to operate and maintain the entire InfoScan system.
InfoScan is used to control and monitor the post’s 11 megawatt generator site using internet based real-time pricing as well as emergency outage conditions to start generators. The post is also home to the 600 bed Eisenhower Army Medical Center. InfoScan provides critical monitoring and control for the medical center’s energy plant and patient rooms.
- Buildings = 241+
- I/O Points = 40,287
- Intelligent Controllers = 5,877
- Power demand response
- Natural gas demand curtailment
- Emergency and interruptible service power generation
- Master equipment scheduling
- Setpoint reset
- Economizer, air quality and exhaust heat recovery
- Pre-emptive intervention for critical systems
- Central heating and chilled water plant control